Human Remains Found in Search for 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre VictimsBreaking News
tags: racism, Oklahoma, 1920s, Tulsa race massacre
A state archaeological team announced Tuesday they've located human remains in their search for victims from the 1921 Race Massacre.
The team said the remains were recovered during the search at Oaklawn Cemetery.
They said they have a positive identification as of this morning and they located an intact grave shaft.
State Archaeologist Kary Stackelbeck said they are in the process of analyzing the remains.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Michigan’s Top Legislators Should Cancel that Meeting with Trump
- Tom Cotton Attacks "Revisionist History" of Thanksgiving on Senate Floor
- Whose History? AI Uncovers Who Gets Attention in High School Textbooks
- Native History Is Washington History, And Tribes Are Helping Schools Teach It
- When Schools Closed, Americans Turned to Their Usual Backup Plan: Mothers
- Female Pirate Lovers Whose Story was Ignored by Male Historians Immortalized with Statue
- The Devil Had Nothing to Do With It
- Hong Kong's New Rules have Created Confusion in the Classroom. Some Parents are Pulling their Children Out
- Whitewashing the Great Depression (Review)
- What Did Europe Smell Like Centuries Ago? Historians Set Out to Recreate Lost Scents