Institution: California State University San Marcos
APPLICATION: All applications must include: • Cover letter that address the above minimum and desired/preferred qualifications. • Curriculum vitae • Three letters of recommendation • Writing sample • A Teaching portfolio that includes a statement of Teaching Interests and Philosophy, curriculum samples, and evidence of teaching effectiveness • Evidence of Digital History and/or Public/Applied History Expertise • A completed Faculty Application • Applicant Survey 1920 Submit application materials and direct any inquiries to: HistoryTT1819@csusm.ed ...
Posted Sep 29th 2019
Institution: Texas Woman's University
The Department of History and Political Science at Texas Woman’s University invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of History position beginning fall 2020. The successful applicant will be broadly trained in American History with a primary field in the 19th century. Subfields are open, although preference will be given to Borderlands, American West, or Cultural History. A preferred candidate will support our growing emphasis in Public History. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. in History or American Studies and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in und ...
Posted Sep 16th 2019
Institution: Organization of American Historians
The Organization of American Historians (located at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana), the largest professional association devoted to the teaching, research, and presentation of United States history, seeks a new Executive Director. The director oversees the administrative offices of the Organization and will work as an advocate for American history more broadly. The OAH claims over 7,000 members, a staff of fifteen, and an annual budget of more than two million dollars. The Annual Meeting of the Organization is the largest and most diverse gathering of his ...
Posted Aug 20th 2019
- Trump Says the Kurds ‘Didn’t Help’ at Normandy. Here’s the History.
- Why more places are abandoning Columbus Day in favor of Indigenous Peoples’ Day
- Rudy Giuliani comparing impeachment to the Salem witch trials is a little right and a lot wrong, expert says
- U.N. Report Bolsters Theory That Hammarskjold Plane Was Downed
- Panama celebrates its black Christ, part of protest against colonialism and slavery
- Labor Historian Staughton Lynd's Book Is Embraced by Google Workers and Uber Drivers
- Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy Dept
- Ginsburg predicts historians will call this political era an 'aberration'
- American Historical Association Announces 2019 Prize Winners
- A New History Celebrates Brooklyn’s Heights, and Depths Image